Friday, December 08, 2006

I saw Mommy hugging Santa Claus

Today after the gym, I stopped by the drive thru at Wendy's for a frescata and some chili and I noticed that the guy in the car behind me looked suspiciously like Santa Claus. So I had to call Ross and tell him Santa was behind me in line. Ha ha. After I paid for my lunch, I got an idea and knocked on the window (the line was slow so I had lots of time) and asked if I could pay for Santa's meal too. I figured it was the least I could do to ensure that Violet got put on his nice list. He was a very kind looking Santa. He waved to me when they told him and I was hoping I could zoom off, a kind, Santa-loving stranger. But, like I said, the line was slow. Of course they gave him his food right away and he honked at me as I was on my way out. We got out of our cars and he thanked me and gave me a hug! Sweet! I don't remember the last time I got a hug from Santa. I asked him to put Violet on his nice list. Ha! Of course she was already on it. Then he gave me a card - he's doing the photo op thing at the Photo Express on Kingston Pike. It sounds way better than mall Santa - you make an appointment so you don't have to wait in long lines at the mall and since they are photo people, they promise good looking photos as well. So I think that's where we'll be going for V's first Santa experience. Wish us luck! I'm a little scared - I want her to stay on that nice list...

No comments: