Friday, December 16, 2005

8 weeks check up

Violet went to the doctor today. She did a good job, poor baby. Of course she was fussy, but that's not news. She weighs 10 pounds, 2 & 1/2 ounces! She got five shots - polio, hepatitis b, pneumococcal conjugate (um, what?), Hib (haemophilus influenzae type b), and DTaP (diptheria, tetanus & pertussis). I learned from watching ER every day now that I'm home that pertussis is whooping cough, which I have actually had before. I was 18. Not a lot of fun. Not sure why my vaccine didn't work, maybe it "ran out." I would advise against getting pertussis, if you can help it.

Anyway, now Violet is sleeping in her car seat and I'm going to leave her there until she wakes up. Ross should be home soon. Can't wait!!

The apartment is a wreck. Not that much I can do about that, though, I'm doing all I can. Roger, Keith and Brad will be down to visit for a couple of days next week, so we're looking forward to that.

No comments: