Sunday, September 04, 2005

32 Weeks - 8 to go

Violet should be about 4 pounds by now and almost 17 inches long! She has toenails and may have hair on her head. I should be gaining about a pound per week now – and half of that will be Violet's. My blood volume has increased by 40-50% by now – and my uterus may be pressing on nerves and stuff, which could make my back hurt. I’d definitely say this is true because my lower back definitely hurts and nothing helps much. My right arm always goes numb when I try to lay on my right side, so that’s fun as well. So far I haven’t had any heartburn, though I’m reading that it may start soon, but I do have some shortness of breath. Not terrible, but it does happen. Lucky for me, so far she hasn’t been kicking me in the ribs.

I go to the doctor this coming Thursday and will have another ultrasound on Friday.

I’ve pretty much washed all Violet’s clothes that she’ll need as a newborn, but we do have to get a place to put some of it – the little "chest of drawers" we have for her stuff (one of those small, plastic 3-drawer things you get at WalMart) is full. I look forward to the day when Violet has her own room to store stuff in.

Nothing much to report here – it’s raining now, that’s about it. Here’s a picture of me at 32 weeks. Um, I think I’m starting to show now … what do you think?

1 comment:

Jude Cowell said...

Yes, you are! Looking good!

mo