Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Birthday to Ross!

It's Father's Day and Ross' birthday. Yea! So I made Ross a peanut butter/chocolate pie. It's a frozen pie and it is yummy! Later I'm baking a chicken for dinner.

Today also starts week 21. At the ultrasound, the nurse said the baby weighs 12 ounces and, according to one website, she should be about 10.5 inches long and her eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed. Yesterday I soaked in the pool for about 40 minutes, which lowers blood pressure, and I've done my resting on my left side thing at least twice per day. We went for a walk yesterday afternoon. It had just rained and there was a wonderful cool breeze. It was really nice.

I'm on an email list for pregnant women and I posted about my blood pressure - someone emailed me back and said that her's was high when she went to her midwife two weeks ago and the midwife told her to walk for 20 minutes, twice per day, and then to rest on her left side immediately afterwards for 30 minutes. She also told her to take calcium and magnesium supplements. She goes back to the midwife tomorrow and she's going to let me know how well that worked.

No comments: