Sunday, May 15, 2005

Week 16

So today starts week 16. According to the baby website I read every week, the baby should be 4.5 inches long & weigh about 3.5 ounces. His or her heart pumps 25 quarts of blood each day, his/her eyes move (even though they're still closed) and he/she has started growing toenails.

Today I baked a chicken & had it with potatoes, onion, garlic and asparagus and it was pretty good. I still don't enjoy all my food all the time. Like now, I can't even imagine eating cottage cheese, which was all I wanted to eat a few weeks ago. Sometimes I love something so much and eat it a bunch over a couple of days and then all of a sudden, I can't stand it. My latest thing for lunch is a tortilla with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, ranch dressing, cheese and leftover baked chicken. If you know me really well, you'll know that I never met a cheese I didn't like and could eat it in mass quantities if I let myself. Of course now I have a great excuse because it's got both calcium and protein. But I'm actually getting tired of it. It's bizarre. I NEVER tire of cheese. I am having a hard time getting enough protein because my stomach won't always let me eat meat, or not enough of it.

I am also still pretty tired. I haven't had the bone tiredness that other women have described to me - I make it through a day at work pretty well, but when I get home, I lay down on my left side for about 15 minutes, then get up and make some dinner. And I usually get to bed between 9 & 11, depending (I try to go to bed early once or twice per week, just because I can - I figure I won't get this opportunity again for several years), & get up at 7, so I get at least 8 hours sleep. But I have just enough tiredness that I don't really feel like doing much. I haven't been exercising like I know I should. I keep thinking I need to get it together and bring tennis shoes with me to work - then I can go to the mall and walk around at lunch when I'm not so tired. I haven't gotten it together yet, though.

I still haven't gained a lot of weight - but my belly is definitely bigger. I put on some shorts I could wear a couple of weeks ago and had to change to the ones I bought that are 2 sizes too big (which are still falling off me, thankfully). Eek.

Ross heads up to Atlanta this Wednesday. Boo! Hiss! It's going to be horrible and weird without him here, especially on Friday when I have the ultrasound/amnio. I figured I'd go to work after, but now I'm not so sure. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and ask if I can work afterwards or if I need to go home and rest. I know you're supposed to take it easy, but I'm not sure how easy. I just worry about taking too much time off. My boss tends to tell people everything's ok and then kick them out on their butts when they're least expecting it, so I have to watch it.

It's almost 9pm and I'm tired, so I'm going to bed now. Have a good week and I'll let you know how the amnio/ultrasound goes ...

No comments: