Monday, August 13, 2007

News coverage & chocolate bunnies

I've been surprised at the amount of news coverage on the fire at our apartment complex. Many of the residents don't have renter's insurance. Neither do we. It's one of those things you mean to do that never gets done because it's hard to find all the information you need to complete the process. I just went online to see what I could find out and there are several sites that will give you a quote. But they all want information I don't have on me right now - like what year was the building built or what company takes care of the alarm system.

But it is definitely on my to do list for this week, as well as working toward getting all my photos uploaded to flickr for photo storage. If I lost all my pictures I would be very, very unhappy.

Driving by it, I can look inside the building. You can see all sorts of things - burned up parts of things, really. It's very sad, but I'm so glad nobody was hurt.

In other news, Violet is absolutely talking up a storm. Today she said, "Mama dropped bunnies." I was getting her some crackers that are in the shapes of bunnies (Annie's Homegrown chocolate grahams - SO GOOD! And vegan too!) and I dropped a couple on the floor. She always makes me laugh.

No comments: