Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Seventeen

Sundress 104Today Violet is 17 months old. The past couple of days have been challenging. Night before last she kept waking up, crying in her sleep. She's been sick every few weeks since January too. Last week it was throwing up, fever, etc. Before 2007 I'd never been puked on in my life - now I can count on two hands how many times.

And now she's teething. Today I could finally feel the molars coming through, though I'm unsure as to how many (two? four?). I'm sure that's the cause of all the fussikins lately. But in between bouts of fuss, she's been so sweet and loving. She gives out hugs and kisses, lays her head on my shoulder and pats me on the back.

Sundress 089Yesterday, she was constantly fussing all morning. I finally decided she needed some fresh air and to walk around a bit outside, so I took her to the nearby church, which has a walking trail and a playground. Once I got there, I decided to put her in the stroller and walk the trail twice (2x around = 30 minutes). She was asleep before I was halfway through. So I sat on one of their benches under the willow tree and listened to the birds while I wished I had my camera with me. She woke up after about 45 minutes, in a much better mood and was still tired enough later to take her afternoon nap. Now that's a good day.

Sundress 077 Today we went to the gym, came home for lunch, and then she had her nap. When she woke up, I decided to put one of her new dresses on her and take a few pictures. A mere 134 photos later, I put the best ones up at Flickr, so you can click on any one of these and check them out, if you like. While we were hanging out on the deck, Violet was eating some Goldfish crackers and she stepped on one and crushed it. Then she pushed the crumbs through the slats onto the patio below. That wouldn't have been such a big deal except the guy who lives below us was sitting down there, playing his guitar and singing Beatles songs. I apologized but he didn't seem too happy about it.

Ha.

1 comment:

Jude Cowell said...

Now this is my first view of the from-the-back pic--it didn't load in the email---she looks so sweet and busy!!!