Monday, November 13, 2006

Tomorrow & stuff

So tomorrow, Violet goes for her 12 month check up. I'm looking forward to seeing how much she weighs and to talking to the doctor. Her pediatrician, Dr. Howard, just recently had a baby, so I want to hear about that too. Not looking forward to the shots, of course.

For a long time, V was in the 50th percentile for weight. At her 9-month visit, she was in the 25th percentile. Dr. Howard said this was fine, but if she goes below that percentile at this next visit, we might want to check her thyroid or something. I'm hoping we don't have to do that.

I watched Oprah today and she had a woman on who says she can understand the five "words" that babies use to communicate with us (newborn-3 months). She went through and talked about their hungry word and their "I need to be burped" word, etc. She has a DVD available that I will probably check out before we have another baby. Anyway, I just kept thinking, where was this lady a year ago? I really could've used that information with newborn V. She would go from 0 - 185 mph in 3.4 seconds (think I'm exaggerating? Ask Ross.) and, by the time I figured out what it was she wanted, she would be so upset that it didn't help. Sometimes I wonder how the three of us made it through that time. Anyway, I think this woman, Priscilla Dunston, can really help a lot of new parents with this information. I don't always watch Oprah, but I'm glad I happened to check it out today.

I'll post about the doctor visit tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: