Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Doctor visit

Well, she is below the 25th percentile for weight. Dr. Howard says she doesn't like to see that, but there's not really anything to do about it other than offering her a variety of foods at meals and snacks. Violet is very active and she is gaining weight so we're just going to check her again at her 15 month visit. She told me I could add butter to some of her food for some fat. And, since she's not getting the hang of sucking on the sippy cup, I'm going to give her milk in it while she's in her high chair but without the filter so she can just pour it all over herself if she likes, at least she'll get some down her gullet. She said I should make sure everything she eats is full fat - like yogurt and cheese, etc.

So, at almost 13 months old, she is 18 lbs., 2 oz (10th percentile) and 29 inches tall (50th percentile).

They pricked her finger to do a CBC (all fine) and she got two shots - a flu shot and something else (MMR, I think). The finger prick and the flu shot didn't make her cry - she wasn't too happy with the second shot though. But she got over it fairly quickly. She fell alseep even before we got home. She's so sweet!

I keep meaning to get a flu shot myself but I keep not doing it. I would really hate to get the flu this year.

No comments: