Sunday, October 09, 2005

Week 37 – 21 days (or less) until due date!

Violet’s endocrine system should be producing the cortisone that will help her lungs work once she’s born. She is now considered full term and should be between 19 and 20 inches long.

I haven’t had a lot of time this weekend to notice how she’s positioned. This morning I felt her kicking my right side and I was hoping she’d flip, but I don’t think she did. Then later I felt movement kind of high up – I could see it too – but then I felt her kicking low again. It doesn’t seem like it should be so hard for me to tell where she is now, but it is. Maybe she’s just having fun turning somersaults…

My dad and Cathy and my sisters are here from Crawford to visit. It’s been great seeing them since I haven’t seen any of my family since March. They brought great stuff with them too – a big, fat bunch of diapers, some cute outfits, and Cathy crocheted the cutest baby blanket. I’ll post a picture of that. They’re planning to go to the beach today and we may go but I’m not sure I can handle the heat. We’ll see. It’s been kind of rainy today too, but I’m hoping that will clear up – actually, it’s pretty bright out there now. Today is supposed to be sunny.

Tuesday I’m going back to the chiropractor and tomorrow I’m calling the pediatrician’s office to get a spot in their monthly meeting of potential clients. You go and the doctor talks to everyone and then you can ask questions. It’s not until Oct. 20th, so I may do a little more research on doctors just in case. I’d prefer a smaller practice. My main concern is that I want to do more newborn genetic testing than what the state of Florida provides, so I want to make sure that the doctor at this practice will do that for me.

Other than that, I’ll just be thinking of Violet turning around in the right direction and we’ll both be getting ready for her arrival. I can’t believe it’s so close. I can’t wait to see what she looks like. She’s so sweet!

1 comment:

Jude Cowell said...

Very sweet blanky!

mo