Sunday, September 18, 2005

Week 34

Wow, week 34 is here. Violet should be about 18 inches long and close to five pounds. I haven’t had any Braxton Hicks contractions yet, but they may start soon. One thing I read said that if she’s born now, barring serious complications, she has a 99% chance of survival. Hopefully she’ll stay in a bit longer – especially since it looks like Ross may be traveling to the Pacific NW over the next couple of weeks. Sept. 29-Oct. 2 and Oct. 6-9 he will probably be gone to either Washington, Oregon or Montana, to help out with work. I hate that he has to go (and will definitely do all I can to keep Violet in place until he comes back!) but I’m so proud of him. I’m happy that he gets the experience of going out there and visiting new places and that he does such a good job for his company.

I’ve also felt a little sensation like I’ve got tiny raindrops falling on my stomach in certain places – apparently, this is Violet resting on some nerves. It actually feels kind of nice!

Yesterday we went to Babies R Us and spent the gift certificate my co-workers at my last temp job gave me. We got a baby record book, two crib sheets, and two changing pad covers. The sheets and covers are one each of lilac and kind of an apple-y green, both of which go great with the Classic Pooh stuff we already have.

Today I’ve been really tired (for some reason, can’t imagine why :-). We went to SuperTarget and had some fun there and now Ross is going to watch some Dolphins football while I do some work and then some resting.

Have a good week!

No comments: